This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Administration, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the provision of financial analysis, evaluations and recommendations to support the department’s business decisions. The incumbent will develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to address risks identified by the Office of Auditor General, Government of Nunavut Internal Audit and the Department of Finance. The Senior Financial Analyst is also responsible for the day-to-day financial management support to all divisions and regional offices. This position is regularly involved in preparing and analysing complex financial statements and in satisfying other reporting requirements associated with Department programs and a wide range of third party funding arrangements often involving significant dollar amounts.
This position is responsible for financial analysis and the integrity of internal and external reporting to various partners including Federal Government agencies and Government of Nunavut Finance Department. The position plays a key role in developing a reporting mechanism, monitoring transactions and preparing timely and accurate reports for the Department. Such reporting is a necessary tool for decision making for a variety of end users including the Deputy Minister, Directors, Managers, federal agencies and facility/shelter operators.
The ideal candidate will have a recognized undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field, along with three (3) years of related budgeting, accounting and financial management experience. A recognized accounting designation and experience in the public sector are considered assets.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.