As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is Restricted to Nunavut Inuit in Iqaluit only.
Under the direction of the Director, Policy and Strategic Planning the incumbent will provide essential services in the development and coordination of the College’s strategic planning, policies and procedures. The evaluation and revision of existing College policies and programs to ensure efficiency, consistency and relevance is an ongoing priority for this position. As well, the incumbent will take initiative in recommending the creation or amendment of legislation, or the development of new policies or procedures, in accordance with current research and political priorities, and supported by thorough analysis.
Keeping abreast of current issues and trends, the position identifies and provides analysis on pertinent research areas, integrating and disseminating this information as appropriate. In cooperation with the Director, develops official submissions, including research reports, Board, Cabinet, and legislative documentation, and other information items as required.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- A university degree in political science, public relations, communications, economics, public/business administration or a related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct policy related experience;
- Proven experience required in two or more of the following areas: policy research and development, program analysis, market analysis, strategic planning, media relations, communications, and public relations;
- Experience working in policy, analyzing markets, project management, or coordinating role with an agency, college, university, board or Crown Corporation is an asset; and
- Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.