Victim Services is a free and confidential client-centered support service for victims of crime. Services are tailored to meet the needs of each victim of crime – whether it is deciding to report an incident to the police, seeking guidance through the court process, or seeking follow-up after sentencing. We can help you explore your options, provide the information and support you in making a decision.
Victim Services Can Help With:
- general information about the criminal justice system and how we can assist you through it;
- providing information on what is happening with your specific case;
- preparing a Victim Impact Statement and/or Victim Registration if you wish to complete one;
- identifying and referring you to specialized community resources; and
- providing emotional support as you prepare to go through court.
Accessing Victim Services is voluntary; you may decide that you need some or all of the services, the choices are always yours. It is our principle that all victims are treated with courtesy, compassion and respect.
Canadian Victims Bill of Rights