You are here
GN Departments of Family Services and Justice Update - November 5, 2019, 5 p.m.
UPDATE GN Departments of Family Services and Justice
November 5, 5 p.m.
Department of Family Services Q&A
Can I still book my travel to my home community?
- Eligible FANS students can still book their Christmas travel to their home communities.
- Contact the FANS office directly at 1 877 860 0680 to give them the dates you want to travel home and back to school. The FANS office will book your travel for you.
- If you have any questions, contact the FANS office (8:30 a.m.to 5 p.m. CT) at 1 877 860-0680.
Is the Office of the Public Guardian open and functioning?
- Yes, however voicemail and emails are not accessible. For urgent matters the after-hour contact for the Public Guardian is 867-222-1805.
- For medical consent, the forms can be faxed to 867-975-5222. Please be sure to identify that the document is for the Public Guardian.
- Please do not fax other documents at this time.
- Any information sent to Public Guardianship via email after 5 p.m. EST on November 1, is not accessible.
Department of Justice Q&A
Will the Therapeutic Justice Program (TJP) be interrupted?
- The office is still open at the NRC building, and appointments and activities will continue as planned. Some activities and programming may be delayed, but all clients and community members involved in those will be advised.
Will the Therapeutic Justice Case Specialist be able to communicate with clients and GN Headquarters in Iqaluit?
- Yes, the TJP Case Specialist will continue to communicate with clients, the TJP Program Manager and other TJP partners via phone and/or her personal e-mail.