This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to Iqaluit residents only.
The Department of Justice in the Corrections Division plays a leading role in the criminal justice system by protecting the community through offender management and control. The Nunavut Women’s Correctional Centre provides custodial supervision for female adults sentenced to incarceration of less than two years.
The Department of Justice has determined that due to the obligation to protect the privacy rights of female inmates, it is a bona fide occupational requirement of this position that the successful candidate(s) will be female on an as and when needed basis.
As a Correctional Caseworker, the incumbent must demonstrate acceptable written and verbal communications skills in English, deescalate aggressive behavior, effective interpersonal skills, monitor, analyze and assess human behavior.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.